Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Fun Evening!


So today I knew Amy was suppose to go out with a friend to dinner. I was suppose to get home from work early to ensure they could get out of the house relatively early. Unfortunately, I was later than expected. As always, Amy was very gracious about my lateness/job, but nonetheless, I felt bad about being late. So the evening did not start in a great place for me.

I am home with Lucy and we are trying to figure out what to do. I asked Lucy if she already ate dinner and she said that she had noodles. So my ideas about going out on a date with my two year old were thwarted. Instead Lucy suggested that we watch The Incredibles. This sounded great, so off to the living room we went. I started the movie and we snuggled. Lucy fell asleep on my chest as we were laying down and I also drifted off for a very pleasant nap. I was suddenly jarred awake by Lucy's excitement. She said, "Daddy, look - Incredibles". I laughed and we finished watching the movie. After the movie I took Lucy up to bed and we read and prayed together and she was off to sleep. This was a really sweet time with my daughter.

When Amy got home she asked how Lucy was and I told her she was great and we had a fun time together. Then she asked what we had for dinner. I told Amy that Lucy said she had noodles. Amy then informed me that Lucy ate noodles for lunch around noon. So, I had a great time with Lucy, but it turns out that I am a lousy father sometimes. I will try to be better tomorrow.

2 comments:

clambert11 said...

Wow - no dinner. I feel like that could easily happen in our household someday.

Anonymous said...

It happens!! when i was sick a few weeks ago my husband was helping me out and decided to feed the 4 children while i was in bed. which was great until i woke up and pointed out we had 5 children. (one was grounded..i guess if you dont see them you dont have to feed them!!!)