Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Do you remember?

Well, during this adoption waiting period, there is not always a ton of things to write. So, I think it would be a good idea to write about what is important. Things we dream about, things we enjoy or things that we remember with fondness from the past.

I was just looking at a picture of my wife and it brought to my attention two moments in my life that mean just about as much as anything could mean to a person.

The first moment occurred October 27, 1995. I was at a camp with my christian fellowship from the University of Maryland. We were in the first session of the night and a group from another college showed up a little late and clamoured into the room. I was distracted by the noise, but then I became distracted by far more. Up against the wall and under a light was a beautiful young lady. I am still not sure if she was shining or if there was a light over her head, but either way she looked radiant. I knew I had to meet her.

The second moment occurred March 6, 1999. I was in Annapolis, Maryland and I was standing in front of a church. I looked and I could not move. My eyes were fixed on this girl who appeared to be shining. This time I was sure there was no man made light involved.

There have been many special times in my life, but there are some that I want to make sure to never forget. I want to place them in my mind when things look grey or when I just want to smile.

Lord, help me to remember all of the things you have done in my life that have made it worth living. Thank you for giving me Amy and thank you for the life that you have provided for us. You are an awesome God.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Really cool to join in those memories with you. I think I was there for both of those times. Amy was a huge encouragement to me in college. I'd always secretly wanted a big sister. Amy was a great encouragement to me and a source of wise words. I think very few people had the same experience I did at St. Mary's but for me it was huge time of growth in my Christian life. Intervarsity was a huge part of that. I felt prayed for by those who went before me in the fellowship. Anyway, love you guys, thx 4 bloggin.