Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Benefit Show, Court News and Go TERPS!

Last Friday night, our good friend Sean put together a benefit show for us.  We were expecting a good time with friends and good music.  Our goal for the evening was around 600 hundred dollars . . .We were totally blown away by the generosity of everybody.  The show raised enough money to cover all of our air fare!  (If you want to know the whole amount ask one of us) It is funny, every time I doubt what we are doing God shows me His approval in a big way.  As Bob, one of our awesome Elders says to me with all certainty, "Amy, you are doing the right thing." (Bob rocks on so many levels.)  

On a different note.  We received word yesterday that we will not get a new court date(CD) in April.  It was really tough news as all of the families before us received new earlier court dates.  I was really banking on court moving to April. I was pretty upset about this turn of events.  Sometimes things seem so random.  The other part that really stings is that families that received a referral after us will get a CD before us.  I would like to add that I am really happy for these families since they are dear friends from our Yahoo Group.  

As the end of March draws near we will be receiving an update on on Natty-boy.  I can't wait to share with you all his progress. I miss him. 

William would like for me to add . . . "Go Terps."  They just won something or other. 
 Personally, I am a die hard Seahawks fan.  Go Seahawks!

2 comments:

sara said...

I know why I get along with both of your now-- I like BOTH the seahawks and the terps!
- your favorite terp/hawk combo. maybe a... terahawk? seapin?
Also-- can you email/mail me the info about your donations, since I can't be at anything you do, unless you do something in sweet home alabama?

sara said...

ps-- sorry about the delay, but hooray that you have a court date!