Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Many Long Days

Amy and I went to Maine this past weekend for a wedding and some quality alone time. Maine is a gorgeous place, but even more remarkable for me was how incapable I was of feeling stress. Just removing myself from my daily life was awesome. It was eye-opening really. I have often considered the level of stress that I have on a daily basis as expected, but this weekend reminded me that it does not have to be that way. I had so much fun with Amy and really enjoyed the lack of responsibility, even if only for three days.

So, where does this leave me? Living for vacation and the dream of a stressless week? I hope that is not my only hope and it is not. The 'trick' is to find that stressless state in the middle of my everyday life, I believe this is the concept the bible likes to refer to as 'peace'. I am not really that good at finding this 'peace' and I know that it is something that God wants for me and for you.

I have concluded that to gain 'peace', I must either rid myself of every responsibility or cast my worry and stress on some other thing. Sounds like exactly the role that Jesus wants to play in our lives. Now, I just need to let Him carry my burdens and stop picking them back up for myself.

As far as the adoption goes, Amy and I figure we are about half way through our wait. We have waited about four months and it should be another four or five. It really does not seem that bad so far, but I am getting really excited about meeting the one God has given to us.

No comments: